11 Aug Hallandale Beach CRA Extends Application Deadline for $300,000 Rental, Utility, and Mortgage Assistance Program as a part of its extensive Affordable Housing Initiatives During COVID-19 Crisis
The Hallandale Beach Community Redevelopment Agency (HBCRA) Board of Directors on May 18, 2020 approved at its monthly meeting, the allocation of $300,000 towards The Coronavirus Neighborhood and Housing Stabilization Program designed to assist families unable to make rental, utility, and mortgage payments during the Covid-19 crisis.
Due to stay at home orders, social distancing, and quarantine, many businesses have been forced to close or furlough employees. The economic impact on the businesses, due to COVID19, has a trickle- downeffect on employees. Many of these individuals are living from pay-check to pay-check. Therefore, the loss of a paycheck puts these residents at risk of becoming homeless. Due to either a loss of, or reduction in income due to the Coronavirus pandemic, many residents may not be able to make rental or mortgage payments.
- Must reside within the CRA.
- Must be a resident in Hallandale Beach for at least six (6) months.
- Must have proof of delinquent/late notice, due to covid-19, with a date of April 2020 or later.
- Must have proof of either loss or reduction of income.
- Utility bill (electric & water) must be in applicant’s name.
- Funds cannot be used for cable or internet service.